[Sca-cooks] Vanilla Extract --An Odd Remembrance

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sat Dec 24 10:17:08 PST 2005

Back in the mid 80's I used to work for a Brit consulting company shooting
seismic data... mostly in the Gulf of Mexico. I remember starting a month
long cruise on one boat when out of the blue the other geophysicist sitting
across from me at the table in the galley said "Well now I know I'm back out
on the seismic boat again."

I said "How is that?"

He replied "The cook's farts smell like cakes."

It was true.   The cook was an alky and the boat was dry.  He bought vanilla
extract in gallon jugs on the company nickel and drank it.  The stuff was
35% alcohol... 70 proof.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Daniel