[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Vanilla Extract

Carol Smith Eskesmith at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:47:49 PST 2005

LOL!  HEY! I said nothing about it being a "safe" anti-freeze, and the non-potable idea is direct from TTB!  (In fact, I said nothing about it's being ANY kind of anti-freeze.  See my original message below.)
And yes, propylene glycol does stabilize the extract; fyi, it's added after the vanilla bean is removed, at the same time the sugar is  (But keep the alcohol at 35%. remember!) <grin>

Much amused,
Brekke