[Sca-cooks] OOP: Kataifi

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Dec 28 16:06:50 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/28/2005 1:42:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sjk3 at cornell.edu writes:

<<I'm visiting my folks, and they have two boxes of kataifi (shredded
phyllo) in the freezer that they don't know what to do with.  I know it
can be used to make a baklava-type sweet, or be molded and fried to make
"nests" to hold various things, but neither of these are an option.  Does
anybody have any recipes or websites they can suggest?>>

How long has it been in the freezer?  We discovered to our great dismay that
phyllo dough that had been frozen for, I believe a year, seemed OK when first
thawed, but after it had been made into baklava and really warmed up, started
smelling distinctly fermented and the whole batch of baklava had to be tossed.

Brangwayna Morgan