[Sca-cooks] OOP: Kataifi

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 28 16:59:47 PST 2005

>How long has it been in the freezer?  We discovered to our great dismay
>that phyllo dough that had been frozen for, I believe a year, seemed OK
>when first thawed, but after it had been made into baklava and really
>warmed up, started smelling distinctly fermented and the whole batch of
>baklava had to be tossed.

It may very well have been years; it's been tucked away at the back of the
top shelf of a full-size upright freezer.  I'm hoping if they go the
"nests in muffin tins" route they'll discover any problems before going
any further, but if they do something "wrapped" in the strands I suppose
they could waste some filling.

Sandra