[Sca-cooks] OOP: Kataifi

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 29 14:51:16 PST 2005

> Honestly, I'd suggest just pitching it, especially if they don't have
> any specific plans for it anyway.  The phyllo dough seemed OK for at
> least an hour after thawing before we noticed the problem.  I don't
> remember the exact timing, but it was long enough that we were all
> surprised it had seemed OK when we were working with it.
>
> Brangwayna

Well, one box (they had 2!) is now in the refrigerator, and will be
brought to room temperature before use.  It was supposed to be for
Saturday; it turns out they have to bring something to a NYE party, and I
was volunteered to make the borek-in-a-nest idea.  Will I know before it
goes in the oven, or does it need to rise above room temperature before
you notice anything?  For that matter, what do you notice?

Sandra