[Sca-cooks] OOP: Kataifi

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 14:30:06 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/28/2005 8:01:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sjk3 at cornell.edu writes:

<<It may very well have been years; it's been tucked away at the  back of the
top shelf of a full-size upright freezer.  I'm hoping if  they go the
"nests in muffin tins" route they'll discover any problems before  going
any further, but if they do something "wrapped" in the strands I  suppose
they could waste some filling.>>

Honestly, I'd suggest just pitching it, especially if they  don't have  any
specific plans for it anyway.  The phyllo dough seemed OK for at least  an hour
after thawing before we noticed the problem.  I don't remember the  exact
timing, but it was long enough that we were all surprised it had seemed OK  when
we were working with it.

Brangwayna