[Sca-cooks] Merry Xmas to Me

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 05:24:20 PST 2005

Radei Drchevich wrote:

>I got myself a pair of early 17th century carved Rhinocerous horn wine
>glasses.  Chinese origin dated about 1640 Qing<sp> dynasty.
>
>Before anyone even starts, Yes, they are Black Rhino, but they have been
>harvested for 400 years.  Rhinos were not endangered then.
>
>joy
>
>radei

Yup...the only thing you have to be careful about is making sure that
there is some kind of certification or provenance documentation for
endangered things like this.  The same holds true for sea tortoise shell
and ivory.  I have an ivory bracelet that I have certification for that
guarantees that it was taken from an elephant that died of natural causes...

Kiri