[Sca-cooks] Bread for 'trenchers'

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 05:23:25 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/31/2005 2:53:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
online2much at cox.net writes:

<<Anyway... I don't want to spend a
great deal of money on the  bread-making since it's basically throw-away
plating, yet I do want to  encourage the diners to dig in to the top layer
and enjoy the 'sops'.  >>

Then what we use probably wouldn't work for you.

I use a very basic bread recipe using whole wheat flour, water, salt, and
yeast, which slices, dries, and holds up well.  But unless you really like  the
flavor of whole wheat, you are not about to try to eat it.  This is for  our
personal place settings, by the way, not a tavern.

Brangwayna