[Sca-cooks] FW: Pennsic was Period Cooking Styles and Vessels Project

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 14 18:01:12 PST 2005

This is too good not to share!
Thanks Johnna!
Christianna

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnna Holloway [mailto:johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 7:22 PM
To: kingstaste at mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Pennsic was Period Cooking Styles and Vessels Project

I know what might be worth getting would be Caroline Davidson's
stuff on restoring the kitchen at Ham House.
The Ham House Kitchen is the name of the book. no date
but it was the 1980's.
She also did at least 2 articles on that kitchen that appear
in PPC.

It's Jacobean, but the inventory lists might be helpful.

This may mention all the late Elizabethan--

ENGLISH COOKERY TECHNIQUES & EQUIPMENT 1580 - 1660

By Stuart Peachey. Two volumes. Period kitchen equipment inventories.
Cooking methods and equipment, food preparation methods and equipment.
No recipes. 107 pages. Softcover booklets. Import.

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

ENGLISH COOKERY TECHNIQUES & EQUIPMENT 1580 - 1660

I don't think I have this one, although I'll get the next time
I order from Amanda.

Johnnae