[Sca-cooks] Re: suspicions was Milk and Milk Products fromMedievalto Mode...

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 04:31:29 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/24/2005 12:25:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
drakey at webone.com.au writes:
> " a) NEVER fill a fermenter past half full when brewing it," ?

You'll have to ask my other half about the milk bomb story... It's a
doozy of a 'drakey' but I dare not tell for fear of flooding the list
with witty replies...

Drakey.

I have an idea what happened anyway... I did something similar trying to make
sparkeling cider at home. I put the cider in a two liter coke bottle and
sealed it while fermenting, figuring it handled carbonated drink
before...sooo...., I DID have enough sense to bleed off the pressure a few times a day, but one
night there was an ungodly roar in the kitchen and there was cider EVERYWHERE
in the kitchen. The bottle had split into two halves with such force that the
edges rolled up on either half.

I kept that bottle for years as a warning in my homebrewing classes. I hate
to think what would have happened had anyone been in there. Did I mention the
hole that the neck of the bottle punched into the ceiling I had to patch?

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke