[Sca-cooks] Re: Allrecipes.com

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:35:07 PST 2005

Jadwiga wrote:

> Review from the Scout report:
>
> 14. All Recipes
> http://www.allrecipes.com/
>
> Since time immemorial, people have loved to cook. Whether it be for
> themselves after a hectic day or for a dinner party of 20, the
> experience of dining is something that can be both relaxing and
> energizing at the same time. Fortunately, the All Recipes website,
> started in 1997 by a group of Web developers with a passion for cooking,
> has over 26,000 recipes for the consideration of the discerning
> epicurean. Users may just elect to search for a recipe from the top of
> the site's homepage, or they may want to browse the recipes by
> collection, such as desserts, pasta dishes, or soups.  The "Ideas" area
> contains a smaller offering of recent submissions, such as layered
> seafood dip and garlic and onion burgers. Visitors to the site may also
> leave feedback on each recipe, along with a brief commentary.  The site
> also contains a recipe calendar linked to upcoming holidays so that
> visitors may plan their festive meals accordingly.  If that weren't
> enough, the site also includes an area where visitors may sign up to
> receive various electronic mailings, such as those for persons planning
> to eat healthier meals or just the latest recipes contributed to the
> site. [KMG]

I use allrecipes.com all the time.  They have pretty much everything you
could imagine in modern recipes (and even a few period ones, if you know how
to search for them).  One of the features I like is the search function that
allows you to put in ingredients that you DO want in the recipe, as well as
ingredients that you DON'T want in the same search and find results that
match your criteria that way.

 -Helena