[Sca-cooks] OOP - It's that time again/Lunar New Year

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 4 19:50:32 PST 2005

Sounds delicious as usual, Adamantius.
This year, we are having an in-home party on Sunday, rather than Tuesday.
The hostess is preparing a pork dish, I'm not sure what it will be but I
know there will be a whole head involved.
I am making the chicken dish.  Tonight I started marinating chicken (mostly
breasts) in  a combination of vermouth, sherry, and chardonnay, to begin the
process for Drunken Chicken.  Tomorow night, it will get poached, then left
to marinate in more alcohol until Sunday.
I then plan on creating a large picture platter, using the cut meat and
other special-cut vegetables to create the picture of a Rooster.  I started
cutting shapes out of carrots, "red-heart" radish, and daikon.  I also have
a beet with stems attached sliced up and curling into curliques as we speak.
I have a variety of vegetables and other foods to use, my friend the Chinese
chef suggested that I have roughly 15 different items to get a good color
spread.  Tomorow I'll hunt down a good picture of a rooster to work from.
Should be fun, I'll see if I can get pictures that I can actually post
on-line.
Christianna