[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef America....YIKES!!

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 06:59:48 PST 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:31:53 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
> > Ming Tsai vs. Bobby Flay...what a travesty!  I'm so disappointed...when
> > I saw that he was going to be on the program, I had hoped that he'd go
> > against Mario or Morimoto!  Sigh.  And you KNOW who will win.........
> >
> > Kiri
>
> Actually, Ming Tsai won. While I was glad to see Flay lose, Tsai winning
> isn't much better- I haven't been able to deal with him since he made "Tofu
> au Vin" and insisted on calling it "Coq au Vin".
>
> Yerch...
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

Hrm,yeah, that is something Ming does all the time is substitution
recipes, "this is just like peking duck, except it is made with turkey!."

But generally when you look at what he makes, it is pretty good
fusion cuisine.  Plus he and Bobby have been rivals for years now and
friends. So when I saw his face on the commercial for ICA, I knew
it was going to be Flay he was against, but I also know he was going
to dust his ass.

The chinese kitchen is far more efficient at producing recipes than
the american kitchen.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson