[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News Regarding Cooks

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Feb 7 06:31:16 PST 2005

Here's what is posted on the website.

http://www.dragonsmark.org/candlemasXVIII.html

Johnnae

    Feast Menu - Tastes of the Tudor

Head Cook: THL Rachaol MakCreith

Appetizers

Fricasee
Eggs and Collops - recipe
Eggs, cream cheese, parsley, thyme, pepper, ginger, bacon slices.

Fricasee
Eggs and Collops
Anonymous Venetian, XLVII

10 hard cooked eggs
2 egg yolks
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tbs parsley, fresh, minced
1 tbs thyme, fresh, minced
1 tsp pepper, fresh ground
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp ginger, powdered
½ stick butter
3 tbs olive oil
10 bacon slices

    1. Remove the shells from the hard cooked eggs, and carefully remove
the yolks. Reserve the whites for stuffing. Place the hard-cooked yolks,
fresh yolks, and cream cheese in the bowl of a mixer or food processor,
and pulse until smooth. Add herbs and spices, and mix. Fill the egg
halves, leveling the top.
    2. Melt the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Place the eggs, top down in the pan, and fry until golden brown.
    3. Fry the bacon until crisp, drain, then halve each. Serve each egg
with a slice of bacon criss-crossed on top.