[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News Regarding Cooks

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 07:01:44 PST 2005

>This just in from the MK Cooks List-- Johnnae
>
>Congratulations to Edouard (Doc) Halidai, for he was recognized as a
>companion
>of the order of the Evergreen this past weekend at Candlemas. Also on that
>day,
>Edouard put on a sumptuous sideboard for the laurel vigil of his lady wife
>Emmelyne de Marksbury. Cheers! Gwyneth

That's very cool, it's always good to see another cooking laurel.
One question, is Emmelyne a "period cook" or a "just darned good
food" cook. I'm just kind of doing a study on how the aspects of
the SCA is changing especially in the aspect of period over practical.

Mainly, and this is a question I ask of the Laurels on this list as well,
are
Laurels now looked at more closely for their period works than earlier?
Or is it about the same as in the past?

Just a topic for discussion.

Gunthar