[Sca-cooks] Negativity, not a rant (was lemons, authenticity, etc.)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 12:17:01 PST 2005

In these current Middle Ages, it is really easy to catch the "negativity bug".  In our mundane lives we are bombarded with negative stuff.  It carries over to all portions of our lives, so we tend to take a negative view on even the precious hobbies that should be cheering us up!

As one who is relatively new to the list (joined about 2 years ago, took some time out for a hospital stay), I would ask a boon.  Could we please try to be more positive about what foods we should use, rather than foods we shouldn't (previous lemon discussions)?  Perhaps if it is necessary to say what wasn't available, could we bring up some food stuff that could be used in every "negative" message?  Not that the new food would have to be a replacement, just some positive input...

I can't help thinking that everyone would have gleaned more positive information if every negative post had suggested something new.  Something like, "We can't document lemons in Middle England as easily or specifically as we would like, how about them quince tarts?" (Or medlars, or fill in the blank.  If quince or medlars are not period for England during the period in discussion, please forgive my lack of research for this example.  Thanks).

Love & Hugs,
Samrah

PS.  Thanks Papa Gunter for setting us back on the right track!