[Sca-cooks] Lemons in Middle English

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:38:40 PST 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:29:26 -0800, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

>> For Yer Infermayshun, Yer Hard-headedness, I did in fact write a paper once
> which did compare the Miller to Ralph Kramden/Fred Flintstone. And got a
> really good grade on if, I seem to remember. Sounds like it's right up yer
> alley, iffen I ken find the durn thing...
>
> 'Lainie of Bath
> (No, wait, that would be Regina, who is floating with the bubbles as I
> write...)

I think the slant I used to tie in religion was that they were all dead and in
hell.  I wrote an elaborate paper that explained how each character died and
why they were in hell.  I deeply offended my professor with the paper and she
had no choice but to give me an A and refer my name to Campus Mental Health
Services. (I think that was the same year I wrote a short story about Death
as a character and what he went through in a day, pre-pratchett and pretty
funny, but I was labeled as "morbid" and "irreligious" by the prof)

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson