[Sca-cooks] Out of the food topic altogetherrantAuthenticitypolice

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Feb 8 15:24:35 PST 2005

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

[snip]

> In my humble opinion, a new cook should not
> be cooking a whole banquet by his or her self.

???

Metalsmiths Symposium I; October 4 - 6, 2002

[snip]

> The problem with your statement "it's better to
> have period-oid food than no food at all" is
> that you will get stuck in the mode.

Yes, that would be bogus if they stayed in that mode.

[snip]

> "This is not the way we do things or like it."

Here's the antidote as seen in another venue ...

    Delirium:  There must be a word for it ... the thing
               that lets you know that TIME is happening.
               IS there a word?

    Sandman:   CHANGE.

    Delirium:  Oh.  I was AFRAID of that.

> In my opinion, it would be better not to have
> a banquet than to have one that doesn't even
> try to be as correct as possible.

I understand ... but I doubt that I could implement it.

> Huette
>
> --- patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca wrote:

[snip]

> > Petru

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick