[Sca-cooks] OoFood topic altogether rant Authenticity police

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 16:45:31 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/8/2005 6:06:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mdiehl at nac.net writes:

I said:

> I have to wear mundane eyeglasses to function at an event.
> I've tried a number of contact options and my eyes don't
>  tolerate them.

Vincenzo replied:

<<Eyeglasses _are_ period.  Period! >>

And in an earlier part of the post had said:

<<Using eye glasses to improve vision is documented to have
occurred in the late 1200's ... >>

That's all well and good.  However, my persona was long dead by the  late 12
00's, considering she was born in 1135...so eyeglasses are not period for  my
persona.  But I still have to wear them because I can't wear  contacts.

Brangwayna