[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Tue Feb 8 22:00:16 PST 2005

Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> [2005.02.09] wrote:
> Has anyone here ever tried doing the full-out medieval Lenten diet, during,
> er, Lent? I was considering it this year, and decided that I really need to
> do more research and pile up some Lenten recipes before I do it, otherwise
> I'm likely to quit after three days because I can no longer stand the smell
> of almond milk! If anyone has actually done this, I'd be interested in
> hearing about it.

One of our locals did that a few years ago. The event was not well
attended (and I was unable to go due to outside commitments), but
according to the voices I've heard the food was good.

I suspect that you should not try it with a fighting, Fighting, FIGHTING
style event, but with a minor A&S oriented one.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Stop! Think! There must be a harder way to do this :)