[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:55:19 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:15:18 -0800 (PST), Chris Stanifer
<jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are you a practicing Catholic??
>

> =====
> Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.

Why do Catholics always practice?

I guess folks don't know if they got it right until they die.

When you look at the RC point of view, you are only looking at part of that
church,

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09152a.htm  <--- catholic point of view

http://www.byzantines.net/feasts/lent/greatfast.htm  <-- Byzantine point of view

Folks have to remember that at the time Lent was set down, the Catholic church
hadn't fully split yet.  The Byzantine church has different rules:

They are only meat free on every Friday in Lent, and Meat, Egg and Dairy free
on the first day of Lent and Good Friday.

I think Lanie could follow that Lent.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson