[Sca-cooks] dealing with mundane cooks

KazOShea at aol.com KazOShea at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 17:28:54 PST 2005

Something that had worked for me. Cook something from a period source for
them. make sure it is something that they will like and then tell them afterwards
that it is from a period source. Give them a touchstone of experience from
the period source to a modern recipe or technique. Show them that what they are
doing is not that far removed from what was done in the renaissance.

I was fortunate enough to have the chef in question already interested in
history ( and a performer at a Ren Faire). I was however able to have him work in
my kitchen under me and not have any problems. He understood who was in
charge and listened and offered advise when needed ( "Hey go take a break it's
under control here" was the nature of his advice mostly, I was stressed.).

Hope this helps a bit
Iago