[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 10 06:12:53 PST 2005

I'm in as well as well... Lent started yesterday. Tomorrow is the first
Friday in Lent.

The previous posts demonstrated some variety based on time period,
location, and orthodoxy. Is there a foundational subset of Lenten
restrictions we can use as a base? My personal interests are the
observance of Lent in England and Scotland around 1450.  I will also be
looking for material on Lenten observances from 8th through the 11th
century in Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. Pointers and references always
welcome.

Aoghann