[Sca-cooks] My experience with the Savory Tosted Cheese contest

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Thu Feb 10 14:38:33 PST 2005

The reason she asked for advanced notice is because the hall was
rather small for all the planned activities and she needed to know
how much space to request from the event steward. Space was
definitely at a premium. I believe she also bought "thanks for
entering" gifts for everyone that entered.

Even though this wasn't an "official" Bryn Gwlad event, I believe
all of the BG events request a notification of some sort that you
wish to compete. Last minute entries are accepted because the
Baron understands that life happens and wants everyone to have
fun. He usually gives a prize to the most creative entry
notification. I think I heard him mention at some point that it
was period to require pre-registration so the "powers that be"
could verify your credentials.

An example of notification from one of the young men doing boffer
was something about wanting to do it because the girls like to
watch and he was hoping to catch a particular girl's eye. Some
were as simple as "I, Heavy Fighter, squire to Sir Big Stick, plan
to compete for the title of Bryn Gwlad champion."

Ysabeau