[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Aurelia Rufinia aureliarufinia at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 08:01:57 PST 2005

I took a psychology of food abuse calss, and one fo
the things we talked about was cultural eating habits.
 And the Prof hypothesiszed that it's no coin- umm..
can't spell.. random quirk that Lent happens to fall
at the end fo winter/early spring - for millenia there
wasn't going to be a lot of preserved food, meat  or
dairy left over from the winter, so "choosing" not to
eat it, or saying "i can't eat this becasue God said
so" is a lot easier to handle than "OMG we have no
foooood!!!  I want some fresh cheese and I want it
NOW!"

Aurelia

> mm, take a look at Thomas from Aquino, he's
> responsible for a lot of
> stupid christian ideas :)
>
> (but very much chance not for this, as the muslims
> also have a version
> of lent so it dates back to the jewish faith prolly.
>
> Finne
>
> --
> "Maybe you knew early on that your track went from
> point A to B, but
> unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa,
> "Chasing Amy"

=====
Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
House Iron Maiden, Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"Him name is Hopkin Green Frog.  I'll find my frog."