[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:02:26 PST 2005

> >> I mean, the first Easter didn't
> >> happen,
> >> and suddenly all the followers of Christ decided that they couldn't eat
> >> meat/animal products in respect for J's death- obviously the
> >> observances
> >> developed over time. Anybody have a clue about that?
>

>I'm out on a limb, here, since the religions and observances of Antiquity
>are not my specialty, but this likely could have been a borrowing from some
>other cult.
>
>Petru

I've just recently come onto this thread, and I'm far from a religious
scholar,
but I think Lent is different from Jesus, or at least the tradition started
differently
from the Judaism. Doesn't Lent celebrate mankind surviving the Flood?
That's why it lasts 40 days and you cannot eat anything but fish because all
other animals were preserved on the ark.

I don't know how this then coincided with Jesus' ressurection and I could
totaly have my facts screwed.

Gunthar