[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Feb 11 13:34:19 PST 2005

>I am not sure how you meant this, Finne, but it does not come across well.
>There are a few of us out here who do not find Aquinas or Christianity in
>general to be 'stupid'.

I am sure that he meant St Augustine...
He is responsible for a lot of the church doctrine that comes out of
the era... including promulgating the formerly Manichean (a quasi
Christian sect he belonged to in his wilder youth) Doctrine of Good
and Evil, God and Devil, being opposite and constantly warring forces.
He was a prolific writer and Christian philosopher, and basically
crushed the Pelagian "heresy".

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery