[Sca-cooks] a Lenten question-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Feb 11 14:19:05 PST 2005

At 02:09 PM 2/11/2005, you wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:34:19 -0500
>  "Jeff Gedney" <gedney1 at iconn.net> wrote:
>
>>He was a prolific writer and Christian philosopher, and basically crushed
>>the Pelagian "heresy".
>
>and boy, is he difficult to plow through!
>
>cailte
>medieval lit course...  between dante and augustine....

Dante I had not problem with. But Augustine... the biographical stuff
wasn't too bad, but the theology has dry reading. He makes Aquinas look
like a coffee-table book. What I can remember best is "Tolle lege... tolle
lege..."

Important for the foundations he built, but still a bit dense.

And then there's Erasmus...

'Lainie