[Sca-cooks] plate presentation

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 11 16:33:09 PST 2005

The work we did in class involved looking through a lot of culinary
magazines (both professional and non) as well as the food books I had with
nice presentations to find pictures of food presentations they liked, then
we talked about what made them appealing (one kid is from London, he picked
the most boring-looking food - said it looked comforting - I told him his
roots were showing).  I found that the book I did not have and felt I should
would be called "Making Food Beautiful".  Why don't I have that book?  Does
it exist? I know there are numerous Garde Manger books, I did take in the
one I have on Chinese Garnish.   I put together a handout on judging foods,
mainly copied out of my Culinarian textbooks from my apprenticeship (I did
not type the information in).  After A&S this weekend, I can give you the
basics of that information.
Christianna