[Sca-cooks] Perioid versus period

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 20:05:10 PST 2005

I agree with Steph\\fan that vegetables are more appealing when cooked in a partricular way.  I tend to like them when they still have their original color and some texture.  This is not the way gramma cooked them, of course.

But you can't cook green/bell peppers to my liking.  Why?  Because tasting peppers for hours after a meal isn't particularly charming to me.  You can have my share any time.

Cordelia Toser

> And, come to think of it, even a guy like
> Stefan, whom I love dearly, won't eat his vegetables. It just isn't
> sensible- but then, I guess, maybe common sense isn't so common after
> all...
I do eat some vegetables. I'm just choosy about which ones and
sometimes how they are cooked.

I happen to like cilantro and green peppers. But many people here seem
adverse to these and refuse to eat them. There are lots of dishes that
green peppers and cilantro (either together or separately) are good in.
It just isn't sensible.

Stefan