[Sca-cooks] Liver and Lamb, for Jadwiga.

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 11:23:54 PST 2005

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> An alternative it to make rumaki- a chip of
> water chestnet, usually half a
> chicken liver, and half a slice of bacon
> wrapped around it and pinned with a
> toothpick, placed under the broiler, and turned
> once, until the bacon is
> cooked. Can also deep fat fry them, but I think
> baked or broiled tastes
> better.

Ah ... Phlip ... you forgot the most important
ingredient of rumaki ... soy sauce.  You have
to marinate the rumaki at least one hour before
you broil them.  Otherwise your rumake just
does not taste good, IMHO.

Guette

=====
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.