[Sca-cooks] rantAuthenticitypolice - Private HUZZAH!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 18:49:15 PST 2005

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Absolutely, you get points for it!
> And I figured the badges to be a joke. Kinda like the "button" I've
> got that says "All this, and documentation, too" that I wore on the
> inside of my Elizabethan overskirt, the year I won Aten Kingdom A&S.
> I've got an insanely weird sense of humor, on top of my authenticity
> leanings, so the badges struck my funny bone....Something that would
> be good to have around for those times when I take myself too seriously.
> --maire

Then you would have loved the play that was presented at Pennsic many
years back...I think the playwright was one Goldwyn of Britain from the
Eastrealm..."Mistress Laurel Seamchecker explains it all at You".  It
was a scream...had a cast of characters created from caricatures of
types we all know and love in the SCA.  And, of course, Mistress Laurel
Seamchecker was your basic Authenticity Police type!

Kiri