[Sca-cooks] Reproduction pottery

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 19:16:56 PST 2005

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>--- Johnna Holloway
><johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
>

>>Those seeking quality reproduction pottery
>>might be
>>interested in knowing that John Hudson now has
>>a website.
>>http://www.hudsonclaypotter.com/index.php
>>
>>He is the author of the essay on "Reproduction
>>pottery
>>for use in historical Cooking" that appeared in
>>Feeding a
>>City: York. Prospect Books 2000. He also gave
>>an interesting
>>demonstration at the 2004 Leeds Symposium on
>>cooking
>>in reproduction pottery.
>>
>>Johnnae
>>

>He does good work.  So does my apprentice, THL
>Artemesia di Serena.  Here is her website:
>
>http://www.rakurakutei.com/
>
>for those in Lochac, here is the website of
>Master Alex the Potter:
>
>http://merchants-medieval.com/FlamingGargoyle/index.html
>
>Both are currently in Caid, but will be leaving
>soon for Estrella War on Tuesday.
>
>I can't find a website for him, but Master
>Hroar Stormgengr of StarHammer Arts Magickal
>from MidRealm does great reproduction pottery
>also.
>
>Huette

IIRC, Mercy is one of Master Hroar's apprentices, correct?  I have
corresponded with her on the Japanese list...she was working with making
period Japanese pottery, and was doing a wonderful job!

There's another fellow, whose name I can't remember, but he shows up at
Pennsic, has his shop in the half-timbered building with Billy &
Charlie, the guys who do the pewter badges, etc.  Also...I think I
remember that Mistress Helewyse was working on period goodies as well....

Kiri