[Sca-cooks] Alton Brown News

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Feb 16 14:16:57 PST 2005

At 02:01 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:

>I vaguely recall Calvin Trillin writing pretty extensively about truckstop
>cookery, maybe in the late seventies, early eighties, and probably
>published in the Atlantic Monthly.

I have a vague memory of an article (articles?) in the National Geographic
about Route 66 that talked about the food along the way. But I have
absolutely no idea when.

OTOH, Andrei Codrescu's movie "Road Scholar" was pretty heavily into the
food along the way- the scenes at the steakhouse are frightening (the
steaks are HUGE). And the movie itself was hysterical (especially the
'rebirthing' scene, and the van full of hippies in Santa Fe, driving around
singing "Age of Aquarius" and nothing else...)

'Lainie