Rant on research; was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Coffyns

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:58:48 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:43:06 -0500, Martin G. Diehl <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:

> Instead of, "hope they have a biblio" ...
> You could say, "Be sure they have a biblio before purchase."
>
> > Cadoc
>
> Vincenzo

Well, I could go to that extreme, but I don't.

I don't have that large of a collection of Medieval
books or books on period topics even though I
have a few hundred books.  But I am still interested
in reading someone else's point of view on the
subject.  Their biblio is what weights their view in
my mind.  But they can sometimes shine a new
light on something even with an incomplete biblio.

I mean it happened in period, why should we discount
the same today?  I am interested in the though as well
as the word.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson