[Sca-cooks] Speaking of Lent -- Ice Axe Report

Morses3 at aol.com Morses3 at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 18:16:10 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/20/05 8:51:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
a5foil at ix.netcom.com writes:

> feast at Ice Axe for the College of
> Yarnvid (Richmond, VA).

What Cynara has forgotten to tell you is how GOOD all the food was!

The fish soup was a record breaker for me. I've never liked fish, even after
trying it many times, but the soup was outstanding with *many* requests coming
from the hall for more. It was also the first thing all the servers came
looking for when they came back to eat. I ate a bowl full and eagerly await the
recipe to try it out at home myself.

The pork cooked in cider was also especially good. It's the first time I've
ever made bread thickened sauce (thanks Thomas for being such a great
teacher!), I bought the ingredients today to make this at home this week. And the
caramelized fried onions were a great side dish to go with this.......

It was a pleasure to work in such a well organized kitchen!

Geoffrey