Fw: [Sca-cooks] Mongol measure?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Feb 21 20:43:50 PST 2005

OK, I've been doing a fair amount of forwarding to Paul and Gene, as you've
noticed, and both gentlemen are rather bewildered by the recipe you've
found.

Pau's comment on all this in another email was, "Love to know a real source
of this." And Gene said, " Good grief.  Maybe I can look it up in Ibn
Battuta.  Yeah, white foods are dairy products.  Buell will tell you about
airag, but I think it's one of those fermented mare's milk products.
best--GEne"