[Sca-cooks] Odd looking things in paintings

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 23:57:24 PST 2005

--- Daniel Myers <edouard at medievalcookery.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> In the paintings below, there are these things that look something (but
> not completely) like a baby brie cut in half.  Any ideas what they are?

I'm thinking that the first looks like a cheese, cut in half, possibly with an ash crust.  The
second, leaning against the pitcher, looks more like a cake or pastry...like a Dutch Baby or some
kind of stone-baked flat loaf... and the third set looks like a selection of different cheeses or
tarts, again with an ash crust.

Only guessing here, though.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.