[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Anne juliane.rose at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 16:16:38 PST 2005

Where I grew up, in the Philly area, a grinder was a sub that was
heated up.  Otherwise, it was a hoagie.  On a sub roll.  :)

My mother's side of the family lived in Berks County, and migrated to
Germantown, in Philly -- and it was always green peppers or bell
peppers.  Although I don't ever recall being served peppers stuffed
with anything -- they were always added to something else, such as a
salad, or meatloaf.

Now there's an interesting dish -- meatloaf.  How many variations on
that exist?!

Juliane Rose