[Sca-cooks] Catnip - probably more information than you would like to know

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Jan 2 22:43:11 PST 2005

>From Platina, on calamint:
What is called nepeta [calamint] in our popular language the Greeks call
calaminthe. It is of great strenght and powerful in heat, whence it
deserves to be ascribed to the very best antidotes, for it is considered
useful to stomach and chese, loosens and purges phlegm of head and
thorax, heals the liver, destroys hardness of the spleen, drives out
stone, and moves the urine. Not only alone but also with other herbs, it
is very beneficial for those thigns we have mentioned when it has been
pounded and sieved and crushed.
-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_