[Sca-cooks] A medieval florilegium

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 23:12:53 PST 2005

Capt. Elias noted:
> I was browsing a site that has among other interesting data, a number
> of Medieval and Renaissance laws and court records extracted, called
> (oddly enough) the "Florilegium Urbanum" (hey Stefan, think they got
> the idea from you??).
> http://www.trytel.com/~tristan/towns/florilegium/flor00.html
Lol. Nope, I don't think so. Or if they got the basic idea from me,
they went and did a lot more research. I have a brief explanation of
what a "Florilegium" was in medieval times, but this site has a much
more complete, longer explanation. It looks to be a very nice site. If
they try to register the florilegium web name though, they will find I
already have the .org and a flower shop has the .com versions. There
are other web domains, though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas