[Sca-cooks] Scotch Eggs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 23:59:13 PST 2005

Da commented:
>    Actually where I learned cooking,  meat loaf wrapped around a hard
> boiled
> egg was called a "scotch egg". Of which there are as many different
> versions
> as there are meat loaf recipes.
Maybe so. I don't remember any of the Scotch Egg recipes I've seen use
a mixture of meats or a mixture of meat and breadcrumbs, though.
Breadcrumbs on the outside of the meat, yes. Just not mixed together.
Scotch-Eggs-msg   (17K)  3/21/01    Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled
eggs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Scotch-Eggs-msg.html

Stefan
--------