[Sca-cooks] period mention or use of catnip?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 4 14:13:20 PST 2005

Ok this is from Hildegarde of Bingen's Physica:
"Catnip (nebetta) is hot. A person with scrofula, which has not yet
ruptured, on his neck should pulverize catnip. He should often eat this
powder with bread or in a puree, or in little cakes, and the scrofula
will vanish If the pustules are broken, place fresh, uncooked catnip
leaves over them. the scrofula will dry up."
-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_