[Sca-cooks] bidding for feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 13 17:55:47 PST 2005

Jadwiga commented:
> Yes, we should do bidding for feasts, dayboards,
> etc. but the level of paranoia in our shire led people to want the food
> staff lined up for an event bid before the event was even approved.
> (We're getting better now.)
Huh? The identity of the headcook isn't part of the event bids?
Generally here when several bids are made to organize an event, the
Event Steward is indicated as well as many members of the staff,
including the headcook if there is to be a feast. The menu may not be
decided upon until later, and generally doesn't go up for a populace
vote anyway, but the reputation of the cook can have an impact on which
event bid ends up being selected. This also allows someone doing an
Italian themed event, to pick a headcook who is known for, or wants to
do Italian, and for an English themed event, someone else.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com