[Sca-cooks] bidding for feasts

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 14 07:44:49 PST 2005

> Huh? The identity of the headcook isn't part of the event bids?
> Generally here when several bids are made to organize an event, the
> Event Steward is indicated as well as many members of the staff,
> including the headcook if there is to be a feast. The menu may not be
> decided upon until later, and generally doesn't go up for a populace
> vote anyway, but the reputation of the cook can have an impact on which
> event bid ends up being selected. This also allows someone doing an
> Italian themed event, to pick a headcook who is known for, or wants to
> do Italian, and for an English themed event, someone else.

Well, there's two levels of bidding, generally, for events. First,
there's the bid to the local group; then, IFF it's a kingdom-level
event, a bid goes to the crown. Obviously, for a kingdom event bid, you
want your cook lined up.

However, for local events, having several people put in a bid to the
autocrat to run the feast or other meal makes it easier for newer people
to get a chance to cook an event, and it also forms a basis for a
'contract' between the autocrat and the cook, which can be re-negotiated
as necessary.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The tumult and the shouting dies/ The captains and the kings depart
And we are left with large supplies / Of cold blancmange and
	rhubarb tart." -- Ronald Knox