[Sca-cooks] OOP: Wickedly Perfect

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 16:34:05 PST 2005

Anyone watching the new "reality" show "Wickedly Perfect" (Thursday 8
PM ET/PT, i don't recall the channel - either ABC or CBS)?

Starting with, uh, 12 people, i think, they form two teams and do
parties, competing to please the judges, one of whom is, gulp, Bobbie
Flay. Each of the people has a different speciality (such as event
planning, cooking, floral arranging, clothing design, woodworking).
They have two days, i think, to plan, design, and prepare the event -
one guy is quite imaginative. The losing team has to give someone the
boot.

Last night one team spent about 1500 dollars on food for a party for
10 people! And a fairly standard meal format - hors
d'oeuvre/appetizer, main course with meat and vegetables, and dessert.

Anyway, i'm not recommending it, per se, but i'll watch it again. As
with most "reality shows", the taping is edited so we see many team
members misbehaving. It's not better than any other reality show, but
it reminds me of doing a feast, the rush down to the wire, the times
when something doesn't go as planned, picky guests complaining about
the food...

Anahita