[Sca-cooks] Bialys (was Re: Bagels)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 09:15:50 PST 2005

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Uhm, maybe because more of us are familiar with bagels these days, and
> fewer know what a bialy (bialys?) is....

Bialys are food of the gods, especially toasted with a schmear of cream cheese (butter is also very nice).

I think there was a bakery in Teaneck, N.J., that did them, but my family's friends would always drive into NYC to get them to bring back for Sunday brunches. Sad thing is, I have never seen them in the Philly delicatassens (although the 4th Street deli does make very nice knishes).

Gianotta (I'm a goy, yeah yeah yeah)