[Sca-cooks] Event numbers.

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jan 20 10:52:20 PST 2005

Since, being new to the EK, I wasn't exactly sure how many events we had in
a year, or the exact percentages of events with feasts, I asked Shannon
Gallowglass, our hardworking editor of our Kingdom newsletter, the
Pikestaff, and this is what she had to say:

> Hi Phlip:
>
>  From last years numbers, the East Kingdom held approximately 240
> events.  With 80% of them having feast.
>
> Shannon

So, there you have it. That's about 20 events per month (but keep in mind we
actually have more in good weather, and a lot are camping events), and a
surprising number of the camping events have feasts, although as I said, not
all of our events have feasts. Most however, do have a "dayboard" which is
usually included. I will add, too, that due to the hard work of our almost
Laurel, Jadwiga, and other fine cooks like Andrea and Brighid, we've had
some really nice dayboards, beyond the fruit and cheese cubes that are
common fare.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.