Fw: Fw: [Sca-cooks] Honey in Meso-America

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jan 20 16:04:09 PST 2005

More from Gene...

Incidently, folks, in case you're wondering, Gene would like to be on
SCA-Cooks, but we're simply way too high traffic for him- same with Paul
Buell- both gentlemen are way too busy. Consequently, our compromise is that
I forward over to them matters I think they'd be interested in, and they
respond as they choose- if there's a difference in what I ask them as
opposed to what the poster said (often a matter of background for the basis
for the discussion) I'll include that too, if it's relevent or helpful to
either party posting.

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> All kinds of honey-maize, honey-squash seed and honey-squash
> dishes are clearly pre-Columbian, but not cooking fruit or
> anything down in honey.  Existing recipes in Mexico for honey
> or sugar preserves are Spanish (actually Arabic originally--
> words like "almibar" are dead giveaways) and seem to be
> introductions.
> best--Gene

Saint Phlip,
CoD