[Sca-cooks] smoked trout

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 21:14:28 PST 2005

Irmgart asked:
 > Also, does anyone have a period reference to smoked trout *anywhere*?
Hmmm. No. There are quite a number of period references in the
Florilegium to "trout", but I could only find six references to "smoked
trout", and they were all modern.

Perhaps in period "smoked" trout would have been known by a different
name?

There is also this file, but somehow I don't think this is what you
have in mind. :-)
smoking-msg       (15K)  1/10/02    Period smoking of tobacco and other
plants.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas